Posted on April 12, 2008 - by Khaled
Yes, this is not a joke! All you need to do is to Write an article for SitePoint And you can Win A Copy Of Adobe CS3 Web Premium! So by just just by submitting an article about Adobe Flex or AIR you’re eligible to receive an amazing gift that is considered as The ultimate graphics package for web designers and developers: The Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium.( USD $1,599) and start “redefining the extraordinary in web design and development”. As you may know the package includes the latest versions of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Fireworks, Adobe Flash, Adobe Dreamweaver and many other tools that are regarded as industry standards for creating web designs and web graphics.
So how To Win this Free Adobe CS3 Web Premium copy?
This is how it is explained on SitePoint :
- Write an article for publication on sitepoint.com about Adobe Flex or AIR (Adobe Integrated Runtime). We’re mostly looking for tutorials (either standalone or multi-part series). The article(s) must be original and must not be already published online elsewhere. We’re interested in everything from beginner articles to intermediate and advanced topics. Also note that we’re looking for quality content (first-time authors might want to run their article past a friend or colleague before submitting). If your article does not meet minimum quality requirements then it will not be considered eligible.
- Submit the article before Sunday May 4th, 2008. That gives you nearly four weeks! Be sure to include a headshot and author bio with your submission.
- The authors of the best Flex article and the best AIR article will each win a copy of Adobe CS3 Premium (either Mac or Windows — your choice). The winner will be decided by myself and SitePoint’s Technical Director, Kevin Yank.
Submit your article to submit (at) sitepoint.com.
Some tips on writing for SitePoint
- It’s best to concentrate on one thing, rather than trying to demonstrate how to build a complex application from start to finish.
- Try to adhere to the recommended word limit (between 1,000 and 2,000 words).
- Be sure that the reader has some useful code to take away from the article. Include a downloadable code archive with your submission if necessary.
- Please make every effort to ensure that your code is bug-free and best practice. Our diligent technical editing team will be testing your code, but we won’t be correcting them. If your code has bugs, we’ll send it back to you to fix.
Oh, and another thing…
Even though there will be only one winner for each of the topics, we may choose more than one article for publication. In fact, if they’re all good, we may publish the lot! So even if you don’t win, your article may still make the front page of SitePoint!
That is all. Get writing and good luck!